500g lamb mince
1 cup bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
for rice salad
1 cup long grain brown rice
1/2 cup seeded black olives, sliced
1 small capsicum, red or orange, diced
1 tbsp olive olive
2tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley
150g crumbled fetta cheese
- cook rice until tender (which ever method you prefer) then rinse under cold water and drain well.
- combine rice in a large bowl together with the olives, capsicum, oil, lemon juice, parsley and fetta cheese. Combine well.
- meanwhile, combine mince, breadcrumbs, parsely, onion, garlic, garam masala, lemon juice, yoghurt and salt and pepper. Roll into 12 balls.
- roll balls into sausage shapes and thread skewers through centre of koftas.
- Cook on heated oiled grill plate or grill on BBQ until cooked through.
note - I like to serve this with a yoghurt dressing. Combine some natural yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and drizzle over the koftas. Sometimes I add sumac to the dressing too.
You can also follow me on
facebook | www.facebook.com/TheAussieHausfrau
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau