Tuesday 11 September 2012

{Recipe} Easy Chicken Parmigiana



This is a favourite for Italian night in our house!! 



INGREDIENTS

chicken breast
bread crumbs
flour
eggs, beaten
pasta sauce jar (or home made if you have time!)
grated cheese
oil for shallow frying the schnitzels


METHOD

First start by cutting the the chicken into thinner pieces and then lay them between 2 sheets of film. I use the Glad Go-Between sheets but cling wrap or freezer bags work too!

Then using a mallet beat the heck out of them! Very therapeutic;) If you don't have a mallet you can use a rolling pin or the base of a heavy fry pan or sauce pan!







Lay out all your ingredients for crumbing the schnitzels. I like to line them up to make it easier.





Lightly dust with the flour. Dip in the egg wash. Cover in crumbs.




Heat oil. Cook schnitzels until golden. Drain. Lay out on baking tray.




To make it easier I use sauce from a jar. Dolmio Four Cheese is my kids favourite. Spoon sauce onto schnitzels and top with cheese. 





Bake in a hot oven until cheese is melted. Usually 5 minutes.



Yum!













You can also follow me on
facebook | www.facebook.com/TheAussieHausfrau
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau



2 comments:

  1. mmm that looks really good, I will bookmark this page and definitely try this some time soon!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! {I've removed "Anonymous Users" as I was getting waaaaaay too much stupid spammy comments!}